Monday 23 November 2015

Please good Labour people for the sake of our country remove Mr Corbyn

This will be a brief post.
I am a Conservative because on the whole I think the Conservatives manage the economy better than the rest. Without economic competence you cannot have all the other things we value - sound defences, security, the NHS, decent public services etc.
That is not to say that I think my Party gets everything right. We are human and left to our own devices do get many things wrong.
To be any good a Conservative Government needs an effective Opposition. Some of  my Conservative colleagues think it is great that someone as unelectable and (even worse) hopelessly useless, as Jeremy Corbyn, is Labour leader.
Corbyn's 'leadership' means the Conservative Party is ahead by between 10 & 15 % in the polls even when doing all sorts of things which would normally make a Government very unpopular.
The absence of an effective Opposition is a bad thing. My Conservative #saveJez chums tell me not to worry, because the real opposition will come from Conservative rebels, the media, pressure groups and the few remaining brave Labour MP's prepared to speak out against their leader.
That's true to some extent I guess but misses one important point. Even the most effective, eloquent and persuasive journalist, pundit, pressure group or backbench Labour rebel is not an alternative Government/PM.
Please my Labour friends do your patriotic duty. Either remove Jeremy Corbyn as soon as possible and replace him with someone who is a potential Prime Minister - or leave the Party and form a new electable centre-left Opposition.
NB and here's a tip for free: the person the Conservatives fear most is Andy Burnham (only joking) Major Jarvis

No comments:

Post a Comment